Friday 14 May 2010

Exam preparation in more detail

This is a mosaic of a daffodil. I used PVA glue to stick the tiles to the MDF board. Then I used tile grout to fill in the gaps between the mosaic tiles.
This is the Van Gogh iris picture, I did a copy of it below.
Here is some art history. From left to right, they are by Balthersar Van Der Ast, Cicely Mary Barker, and Henri Fantin-Latour. I like the bright colours used by Barker, and this influenced me with my choice of colours in my batik. I like that Van Der Ast included shells and a cricket and a wide variety of colours.
This is a photo of a paperweight and the design on it is by Andy Warhol. These are some ict manipulations I used the effect posterise on both.
This is a photo of my holding a paperweight in an Escher style way.
This is an ict manipulation, I changed the colour balance. I particularly like the graduation of colour in the background.
This is a copy of a Van Gogh using ink, I think it is quite expressive as I let the ink in the iris flowers run.
This is a copy of a picture by Eugene Delacroix using ink I then stained it using coffee to make it look more interesting, this also made the ink run an effect which I think works well.
This is an ict manipulation I changed the brightness/contrast and the sphere effect.
This is an ict manipulation I used the coloured foil effect.
These are two ict manipulation with the top one I used the coloured foil effect and for the bottom one I change the colour balance.
These are two ict manipulations on the left one I used a mosaic effect and changed the colour balance and on the right one I changed the contrast.
This is a copy of Van Gogh's sunflower picture using oil pastel.
This is another sheet of marbling I did. I drew one of my daffodil photos and then added colour with ink.
I drew out one of my daffodil pictures and some of my tulip pictures and then added the colour with ink.
I used a rectangle of lino to paint this using acrylic paint, I like the texture it gives the piece. Here is some art history. I like the use of colour and different flowers. This is where I got the idea to do a bunch of daffodils going from bud to flower. From left to right they are by Ambrosius Bosschaert, Pierre-joseph Redouté, and Eugene Delacroix. This was my first arrangement of the daffodil using oil pastel. I don't think this arrangement works as there are too many spaces.
This was the second idea which I got from my art history. I thought it worked better but I still wasn't happen with it. I painted it using acrylic.
I got tissues and put the tissue paper on a piece of plastic and then put ink on to the tissue in the shape of a daffodil and then put on some watered PVA glue. Then I painted a daffodil using acrylic.
I did a few sheets of marbling and with this one I drew a daffodil from one of my photos and then I used ink to add more colour to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.